CNN.com - Technology

Friday, September 5, 2014

The Role of Computers in Modern Life

     I personally just got done with a project of mine that had me recording and writing down in some centralized fashion EVERY single time I encountered any kind of IS system in my daily life. Has anyone else ever tried that? It is much harder to do then you would think, since this world is made up of dozens of these systems before you even step foot outside your door in the morning and it only gets more complicated from there!
     What I did learn is that you can not avoid them. It just isn't possible in the modern world. I understand that an IS system in it's broadest sense is the most important thing in the world, the most used and the most wanted thing humanity has created to date. I will use, design, fix, and even create them almost every single day for the rest of my life, and even after that my actions and information will be stored somewhere, used by someone as data for the next one. And I love computers (and by extension IS systems) all the more for it. My life really just would not be the same, nothing I dream of would be possible without them.
     I know that I know nothing about computers, about how they work or why or even how to use them beyond a semi-intelligent mash of buttons, and that excites me to no end, that is why I am where I am and why I think computers and IS systems are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment